Thursday, 20 January 2011

Lvetype and Sound (Skills to Learn for the Real Movie)

Today we learnt to use the 'Livetype' and 'Sound'. I first started to practise using these systems to learn the main functions and purposes that will be needed in our Real Final Movie. First i used the 'Livetype' system where I experimented with words and what you can do with them like in the real Hollywood movies. I experimented with the sentence: A FourAces/Mohammed Ali Ahmed Production. I started to first experiment with the font type. After i chose the preferable font type, I then started to focus on  the animation. I remember watching the film 'Untouchables' where their titles appeared as a FADE IN animation. So I used this of animation (intertextuality) for my own title. It worked really well.

Then I was introduced to the 'Sound' system. Here is where the creation of the background music for the movie. I experimented with different sound - sounds that i found that would be chilling and tenseful and suspenseful. I used lots of Violins t add to the tense music. I found this process quite hard because i had to listen to a dozen instruments before i found the right one.

After this, i joined in with my whole group to start editing the Bag Sequence Movie that we created. First what we did was to add the Movie sequence to the 'Sound' system. Here is where you can see the movie in Blue colour bar. So by doing this, we can look at the movie while the music is being played. 


Here is where the toolbar to choose which type of sound we wanted in the movie. You can choose from a variety of sounds such as Instruments, People etc. We decided as a group to stick with the instruments. We picked the instrument Violin to add with tense music which we wanted. We also waned to experiment with different types of music so we scrolled down by the Toolbar to pick different types of sounds and we listened to see if it fit in with our movie. Some of the sounds worked while other didn't.
Here you can see in the green colour bar the music that we wanted to use in the sequence. we chose one where its a slow high pitch sound of the violin and the second piece of music is much more faster and more tenseful to put you on the edge of your seat.


No comments:

Post a Comment