Friday, 21 January 2011

Live type and sound skills.

In todays lesson we where on the I mac apple computers using the Livetype and sound programme which allows music to be added onto video footage. we got a tutorial lesson on how to operate the proggrame and the functions which we could conduct using it. I experimented with stlyes of fonts which were accessable on the system, the effects which i could add to the text, back ground imagery that could be applied were trialled aswell. My text read 'Primarni'

The sound system was the next step which i embarked on. The background music for our bag swap film would be made on this. the programme privided a variation of sounds which i could use in my final production movie. I chose suspenseful music to use in my film as this is the best type of music theme to use in a thriller movie, asa it causes suspense, unrest, adrenaline, uncertainty and fear. musical ochesrtal music is what i used for the suspenseful background music.

when the previous task was accomplished me and my group began editing the bag swap  sequence we filmed. We added the movie to the sound system, this is where the blue colour bar is located on the print screen below.


The toolbar on the progamme allowed for me to choose the music which i wanted to imort into my video. My group came to the conclusion that the instrument we should used would be the violin music, this was used in our movie to give it a dark suspensful feeling. A range of instruments and sounds gave us a big variety of what to select, this was the positive aspect of the toolbar. a negative i would say would be the fact that there's so much choice makes it difficult and time consuming to select the appropriate sound for the bagswap movie video. As shown below is the printscreen of the toolbar


If looking carefully you would notice in the green cloured bar the music which we selected to use in our final badswap video production.




No comments:

Post a Comment