1) How many suspense films were released in 2009? How many films were released altogether last year?
In 2009 there were 31 Suspense film were released. Altogether last year, 503 films were released in the UK in 2009.
2) Action, animation and comedy account from 52% of Box Office in the UK in 2009. Why do you think these genres are so popular?
I think these genres are very popluar due to the fact that many children and young teenagers are the ones who go and watch films in the cinemas. That is more then half the population.
3) Why do you think Thrillers account from quite a low proprotion of UK Box Office takings (4% in 2009)?
I think because of the age restriction that these movies have. They exclude any one below the age of 15 which mens that the main audience which are young teenagers and children are not allowed to watch these movies resulting to a backdrop in ratings for the film.
4) Looking at the 'genre by gender' diagram above, what information can be derived about Thriller audiences and gender?
From the information of the diagram 'Genre by Gender' the information that can be derived from it for the Thriller audiences and Gender is that more MALE audiences are more keen to watch Thriller movies due to the fact that more males like watching Crime and Action whcih are the main ingrediants for Thriller movies. For the WOMEN side they are more keen in watching Romance, Period Drama and Suspense. The fact that women watch suspense shows that some women are keen in watching Thriller movies but it further down in the line of the Diagram.
5) Look at the age certificate for 10 of the films featured on the teaching blog. What does this tell you about Thriller audiences?
Here are 10 Thriller Movies that i have picked:
Here you can see that most of these Thriller Movies have the certificate rating of 15 or plus. This shows that Thriller movies are targeting mostly mature tennagers and adults. This shows that Thriller movies are not supporting the younger generation on veiwng these films and also shows that Thriller Movies restrict these people who re younger teenagers and children. Due to this in 2009, the boox office in the UK reached to a percentage of 4. Giving a niche gross of just
£42, 578, 104. I think this is becasue not many teenagers and adults are going to the cinema but children are which shows for example: that animation films mkae very good money becasue in 2009 they made a whopping £159, 209, 734 in the UK box office.